AUDITIONS & EMPLOYMENT
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Academy of Ballet
2121 Market Street, San Francisco
1:00 pm Registration
1:30-4:30 pm Audition: Including ballet class (women en pointe), partnering and repertoire.
* Note: March 12, 2017 marks the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, so remember to set clocks forward 1 hour.
- Women 5’6” and under, Men 5’ 8” and over
- Candidates must be eligible for employment in the United states
- Please send CV, photo and video link to [email protected] prior to audition. Include name/audition in subject line (i.e. Tina Ballerina/audition)
Smuin Ballet offers 35-40 week competitive dancer contracts, presenting approximately 70 performances per season.
A staple of the San Francisco dance community for more than 20 years, Smuin pushes the boundaries of contemporary ballet within a distinctly America style, combining classical ballet training, technique, and artistry with uncommon physicality and expression. Recent repertoire includes works by: Michael Smuin (founder), Amy Seiwert (choreographer in residence), Jiří Kylián, Helen Pickett, Trey McIntyre, Val Caniparoli, Ma Cong, Garrett Ammon, Adam Hougland, Darrell Grand Moultrie and others.
Overall Job Duties
- Ticket Sales Support: Provide customer service to sell and exchange tickets over the phone and in theaters during performance times
- Ticket Database: Maintain and manage the integrity of the ticket/patron database, including the input and processing of patron data
- Administration Support for Company manager: Data entry for contact sheets, rosters, accounts payable etc., touring research, inventory of costumes
- Administrative Support for Operations: Special projects for Development, Marketing, Artistic, and Events
- General office duties as needed.
- 2 years of experience in customer service and/or administration.
- Maintain effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel and database software; can learn quickly and is comfortable working on multiple projects at once. Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred.
- Excel at building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Possess strong ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and mitigate issues. Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a positive, constructive attitude working with others to complete projects.
- An interest in the arts and and non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Experience with databases. Experience with Theatre Manager database a plus.
Position available immediately