AUDITIONS & EMPLOYMENT
Positions for the 2017/18 Season have been filled. Audition information for the 2018/19 Season will be posted in Winter 2017.
The Technical Director is an integral member of a 4-person production team and reports directly to the Production Director. Smuin’s typical performance schedule includes 3 distinct programs in San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Carmel and Mountain View annually as well as other possible performances in additional cities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Loading/unloading trucks locally and on tour
- Running load ins and load outs and managing union and non-union crews
- Providing scenery and prop support for studio rehearsals including center and spacing marks on studio floor
- Maintaining dancers supplies of cups, tissues, first aid supplies, etc. in theaters
- Maintenance of dance floors in the theatre and all existing scenery and props
- Maintaining and providing to Production Director detailed notes on floors, scenery and props specific to each ballet, venue, and production
- Maintaining and providing to Production Director detailed notes of inventory of all floor, scenery and props in warehouse
- Driving 24’ trucks as needed
- Assisting the Production Director in activities related to mounting new ballets
- Providing scenery and prop support for new works
- Assisting any and all outside Scenic Designers in pre-production work
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in professional technical theater environments as a crew manager in an organization of similar scope
- Background in rigging, scenic and prop construction
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel)
- Personal vehicle for errands in the Bay Area directly related to Smuin
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs
- Stage management experience
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
The position is seasonal with health benefits.
2017/18 season: Guaranteed 32 week contract with possible extension
Competitive salary based on experience.
Application Deadline: June 4, 2017
Start Date: July 24, 2017
If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter, references and resume to KT Graham, Production Director at [email protected] No phone calls please.
Smuin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE M/F/D/V
Overall Job Duties
- Ticket Sales Support: Provide customer service to sell and exchange tickets over the phone and in theaters during performance times
- Ticket Database: Maintain and manage the integrity of the ticket/patron database, including the input and processing of patron data
- Administration Support for Company manager: Data entry for contact sheets, rosters, accounts payable etc., touring research, inventory of costumes
- Administrative Support for Operations: Special projects for Development, Marketing, Artistic, and Events
- General office duties as needed.
- 2 years of experience in customer service and/or administration.
- Maintain effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel and database software; can learn quickly and is comfortable working on multiple projects at once. Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred.
- Excel at building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Possess strong ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and mitigate issues. Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a positive, constructive attitude working with others to complete projects.
- An interest in the arts and and non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Experience with databases. Experience with Theatre Manager database a plus.
Position available immediately